Read Binary File#
The Read Binary File node is used to read a file from the host machine that runs Workflow².
Keep in mind
- If you are running Doc² in Docker, your command will run on the Doc² container and not the Docker host.
- This node will look for files relative to the Doc² install path. It is recommended to use absolute file paths to prevent any errors.
- File Path field: This field specifies the path to the file.
- Property Name field: Name of the binary property to which to write the data of the read file.
This workflow allows you to read a file from the host machine using the Read Binary File node. You can also find the workflow on the website. This example usage workflow would use the following two nodes. - Start - Read Binary File
The final workflow should look like the following image.
1. Start node#
The start node exists by default when you create a new workflow.
2. Read Binary File node#
- Enter the path to the file you want to read in the File Path field.
- Click on Execute Node to run the workflow.